The Esthetician job outlook is good. Estheticians and other skin care specialists will see large gains in employment. Jobs are expected to grow almost 12 percent from 2014 to 2024. This is faster than average, and this growth is expected due to the . There were about 55,000 estheticians in the US in 2014, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
The increase in employment is due to a number of factors including:
- popularity of skin treatments for relaxation and medical well-being
- demand for new services being offered such as minifacials and mobile facials
- the desire among many women and a growing number of men to reduce the effects of aging
- a desire o lead a healthier lifestyle through better grooming, including skin treatments for relaxation and well-being
- a growing number of beauty salons and spas.